Hy-Tech Drain Wizard Tips to Identify Your Roof Drain Parts Faster
Hy-Tech’s Roof Drain Wizard™ is the only interactive tool that can automatically identify your roof drain ring. Simply answer a few questions, and it’ll reveal the right roof drain ring, no matter how old or obsolete.
To get the best experience, following are some tips to keep in mind when using the Drain Wizard. If you have any questions, you can also call us at 800-635-0384, and we can find your roof drain in person.
1. Want to see all roof drain rings from all manufacturers?
To see ALL rings listed in the Drain Wizard:
- Skip Step 1 (manufacturer question) by clicking “No, I don’t know. Skip this step” below the logos.
- Don’t answer Step 2 (Ring Size Question), and then click “See My Results” at the bottom.
You’ll see a full list of all drain rings from all manufacturers. You can then sort by Name, Price or Manufacturer.
2. Want to see all rings from a specific manufacturer?
Finding all roof drain rings offered by a manufacturer is easy.
- In Step 1, click the desired manufacturer. All roof drain manufacturers are displayed.
- Don’t enter any dimensions into Step 2 (Ring Size Question), and simply click “See My Results.”
The results page you will show you all rings for that particular manufacturer. You can then sort by Name or Price.
3. Don’t see your drain listed?
If you enter a dimension for outside diameter (O.D.), and cannot see your ring listed, try adjusting your dimension by 1/8-in. up or down. The sizes used are in 1/8-in increments, which are most commonly used by manufacturers and roofers.
However, actual O.D. can differ slightly. For example: the Zurn Z100 ring is listed on the Drain Wizard as being 13-3/4-in. O.D., but in reality the outside of the gravel stop—part with the “V” notches—is actually 13 inches. Depending on when and which factory produced the ring, the lip outside the gravel stop can vary; and some older ones have no lip at all.
By adjusting your O.D. up or down, you will likely find the ring you need.
If you have any other questions or issues, call us at 800-635-0384, and we can talk answer any questions you have in person.