The Balcony RetroDrain is made of thick aluminum and features the patented RAC Backflow Compression Seal, which provides a proven plumbing connection with the existing leader pipe. Its unique dimensions allow the Balcony RetroDrain to be installed under a paver system or areas where foot traffic is common.
Balcony RetroDrain offers:
- Pre-punched aluminum drain flange
- Flat aluminum strainer design
- Easy-to-install design to save time and money
- Pre-punched, 0.08-in. thick 8 x 8-in. aluminum drain flange.
- Strainer design is flat and constructed of 0.125-in. thick aluminum and is 6-in. in diameter.
- The flat strainer works also as a clamping ring, which provides a tight compression for terminating the roof system.
- Patented RAC Backflow Compression Seal is quickly activated at drain flange level with a 7⁄16-in. wrench and protects the roof and building from water damage.
- Saves time and money by allowing easy installation from the rooftop without disturbing occupants.
- Designed to accommodate tight field conditions.
OlyFlow® RetroDrains are designed to replace existing drains in reroofing applications.
Installed from the roof surface, OlyFlow RetroDrains are engineered to be installed without removing the existing plumbing or fixture while providing a watertight connection to the roof system and the existing plumbing.
Approvals & Standards:
ANSI/SPRI RD-1 is a national performance standard for retrofit roof drains. While most retrofit drains are not tested to this standard, OlyFlow Insert Drains – including the Balcony RetroDrain with RAC Backflow Compression Seal – exceed the standard, which requires that the seal hold a 10-ft. column of water for 24 hours without leaking.
The data below is constant for all OMG Balcony RetroDrains.
|0.80-in thick aluminum
||Watertight RAC Backflow Compression Seal requires 7/16-in. wrench
|8-in. x 8-in.
||6-in. diameter, made of 0.125-in. thick aluminum
||0.125-in. thick low profile aluminum