One-piece spun aluminum body with a heavy duty cast aluminum strainer dome and clamping ring to provide strength and durability. The drain flange has a depressed sump area to facilitate water drainage from the roof surface.
The Hercules RetroDrain incorporates U-Flow® Seal technology for a mechanical watertight connection to PVC or cast iron pipes, which prevents water from backup damage.
Also available in 3-in., 5-in. and 6-in. sizes, and with a plastic dome or cast-aluminum SuperDome.
Fits into Pipe I.D.: 3.76-in.
Fully Expands to: 4.40-in.
Features & Benefits:
- One piece seamless body provides strength and durability without separation of the flange from the stem.
- Extra large flange allows positive attachment of roof flashing membrane while the sump area facilitates drainage.
- Simple and easy to install from rooftop in 15 to 30 minutes.
- Patented mechanical compression seal easily expands with a turn of a screw.
- Cast aluminum strainer dome and clamping ring.
- 12-in. long drain stem accommodates most existing field conditions with longer lengths available. It can be cut down to a minimum 2.5-in. + 2-in. seal.
- Incorporates U-Flow Seal technology for a secure, watertight connection.
- Saves time and money by allowing for easy installation from the rooftop without disturbing occupants.
OlyFlow® RetroDrains are designed to replace existing drains in reroofing applications.
Installed from the roof surface, these drains are engineered to be installed without removing the existing plumbing or fixture while providing a watertight connection to the roof system and the existing plumbing.
The following data is constant for all Hercules RetroDrain.
|11 gauge (0.125-in.) spun aluminum
||Watertight U-Flow mechanical seal requires U-Flow screwdriver
|17.5-in. diameter with sump area
||Cast aluminum, plastic or aluminum SuperDome
Approvals & Standards
ANSI/SPRI RD-1 is a national performance standard for retrofit roof drains. While most retrofit drains are not tested to this standard, OlyFlow Insert Drains—including the Hercules RetroDrains with U-Flow Seal—exceed the standard, which requires that the seal hold a 10-ft. column of water for 24 hours without leaking.